Examples of Custom Publishing (which is a tool of Content Marketing) include :
- print magazines (for employees, clients, suppliers etc.)
- Internet magazines (e-zines, digital magazines),
- annual reports,
- news letters
Probably the best known type of Custom Publishing are airline magazines which passengers can look at (if not read) during flights. In Poland the oldest and best known magazine is Kaleidoscope published by Polish Airlines LOT.
Today there are many magazines like this distributed in various places. Three examples are:
- At the doctor’s surgery the magazine Blisko Zdrowia published by Lux Med for its clients
- Więcej niż energia is distributed to RWE’s clients with electricity bills
- Magazines produced for shopping centres
Custom publishing brings various benefits and it is aimed directly at the target group which means that the cost of this type of brand building exercise is kept down.
Here are five of the most important benefits:
1. Relationship building with existing clients. Custom Publishing as a rule is something which is used regularly. Magazines may be produced monthly or quarterly and newsletters are sent on a weekly basis as a general rule. It is important that this channel is regularly used, the recipient has given permission to receive articles which are targeted. Furthermore the recipient will spend far more time in contact with Custom Publishing than with traditional forms of advertising. According to APA (The Association of Publishing Agencies), the average time spent reading a custom published magazine is around 25 minutes.
2. Finding new clients. A magazine, digital magazine, newsletter or blog can give far more information than a traditional advertisement. The benefits of given products or services can be presented in detail and in context!
3. Reaching the target audience. The thrust of the marketing effort is aimed directly towards the group which one is attempting to reach.
4. Cost optimalisation. Getting the best value for money is possible thanks to the synergy of all media (print, internet, social media) which can be employed with Custom Publishing.
5. Communications efficiency. The effects of Custom Publishing are measureable (reports, surveys). As far as magazines are concerned, surveys on what readers think of the magazine and how they use it can be carried out. There are special tools for Internet research which can be used for digital magazines.
These benefits apply especially to Custom Publishing which is aimed at external clients (eg to end users or distributors).
Often internal magazines aimed at the workforce can also be produced – but more can be written about that at another time.
Tłumaczenie: Alan Heath
Inne wpisy na ten temat:
- Czy można zastosować zasady Roberta Cialdiniego w Custom Publishingu? Tak!
- Custom publishing czy custom media? A co to właściwie znaczy?
- Rynek Custom Publishing rośnie w siłę
- Pięć najważniejszych korzyści z prasy firmowej (Custom Publishing cz.1)
- Co wspólnego ma reklama Julii Roberts z Custom Publishingiem?